Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thoughts on the world is flat

I have been reading this book for a while now, I have to say the last 200 pages seem to be the hardest to overcome. The main point of the book were made a few chapters back. I have been thinking about summarizing the book once I am done with it, but I am not sure how easy that will be. I will try to cover some of the main topics of the book in this post.

Friedman's book is a journey into the world of outsourcing which took the business world by storm starting sometime in 2002 ( ??). He calls this phenomena "the world going flat", in that the competition playing field for work has flattened allowing people from different countries to compete for the same work or job. He attributed this "flattening" to the advances in information technology and the internet which has allowed people to collaborate online. He elaborates on the examples where outsourcing has taken place, and gives some advice to business people on how to deal with this new flat world.

No comments:

Post a Comment